- Announcement Number:
- Community Recreation
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- 12.74 - 19.41 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
SUMMARY: The mission of Joint Region Marianas Warfighter & Family Readiness (WFR) is to enhance quality of life through customer driven services that make a difference every day in the lives of our service members and their families. Through our work at both Morale Welfare and Recreation (MWR), Naval Base Guam, and at the 36th Force Support Squadron (36FSS), Andersen Air Force Base, Guam, we strive to be the global model of professional support services for our customers while they are stationed here under one unified command. Please visit our website for further details: http://www.militarymwrguam.com/
RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is assigned to the Recreation Division; Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Department; Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC). The purpose of this position is to provide program support for Marina and Community Recreation Activities for the assigned Sailing Center or Marina facility. Prepares and maintains required administrative reports and forms (e.g., utilization data, financial forms, procurement forms, invoices). Performs numerous duties for successful daily operations (e.g., collection of fees; completion of retail sales transactions on point of sales, receipt book, or cash register; walk-through of parking lot and dock areas). Demonstrates safe use of equipment and techniques for various activities in marina settings. Provides pre-programmed and impromptu activities pertaining to Marina or aquatic settings; such as but not limited to stand-up paddling or canoeing. Briefs customers on safety procedures and techniques for using rental gear and performing pre and post rental gear inspection. Maintains effective controls for receipt and safekeeping of all cash associated with the fees and sales of the Marina or Sailing Facility. Monitors use of supplies to ensure internal controls and accountability are maintained. Ensures adherence to loss prevention for program resources, cash or pilfer-able items. Maintains various contracts, files, regulations, manuals and directives related to marina operations. Maintains and coordinates the master event schedule for all programs at the facility and ensures all changes are reported to the immediate supervisor. Ensures all events, program schedules and marina information are sent to the marketing office monthly in addition to ensuring they are all advertised. Assists management with administrative duties such as month end inventory, answering phones, signing up participants for programs, and other clerical duties. Operates government owned motor vehicles to drive to and from marinas and sailing facilities.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Yes-Occasional travel up to 10% may be required
SUPERVISORY STATUS: No
RELOCATION AUTHORIZED: No
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: *SEE QUALIFICATIONS*
QUALIFICATIONS: In order to qualify for this position, resumes must include information which demonstrates experience and knowledge, skills, and ability (KSAs) as they relate to this position. Applicants are encouraged to be clear and specific when describing their experience level and KSAs. If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education). Applicants qualifying based on education, time in grade, credentials, certification, training and/or module completion MUST provide proof of education, personnel action or SF50, credentials, statement of service, certification, training and/or module completion at the time of resume submission. Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Knowledge of the goals, philosophy, principles, and methods of procedures used in organizing, planning, administrating and conducting facility operations. Knowledge of State and Federal Guidelines concerning Marina Operations. Knowledge of the daily operations of the facility to be able to answers questions from patrons. Knowledge of the routines and procedures followed in group activities or programs for recreation or marina operations. Knowledge of recreational activities and equipment, rules and procedures in a recreation program activity. Knowledge of boating terminology, watercraft operation and maintenance, water and boating safety, handling of boats (e.g., launching, mooring, etc.), boating equipment and facilities, and recreational boating activities. Ability to operate a motor vehicle. Ability to follow instructions, present options and recommend solutions. Ability to work independently, demonstrate excellent customer service techniques and make sound decisions. Ability to effectively operate office machines to include cash registers and computers. Ability to operate a personal computer and perform basic word processing and spreadsheet tasks using Microsoft and site-specific software. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a current state driver's license.
Occasional travel up to 10% may be required.
Hours of work will vary as required by the needs of the program to include split days off, evenings, weekends, and holidays. May be required to work early, late, and on weekends and holidays.
Must successfully complete a National Agency Check or equivalent background screening upon selection and periodically thereafter as computer access is required.
Must have or be able to obtain and maintain the following certification within 90 days of hire:
? Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
? First Aid Certification
? National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NAS BLA) Safe Boating Certification, or equivalent.
EDUCATION: *SEE QUALIFICATIONS*
- A resume should be provided. It should include relevant work experience (start/end dates stated in month/year, description of duties and salary), applicable education at a minimum, and your contact information. For current or previous Federal employees, it should also include the Pay Plan, Series and Grade for each work experience entry.
- For current or previous Federal employees, please attach a copy of your most recent SF-50 or agency notification of personnel action form that provides current position, grade level, and duty location.
- Please provide a copy of your College transcript(s) which support those qualifications for which you wish to have considered.
- Applicants qualifying based on education, time in grade, credentials, certification, training and/or module completion MUST provide proof of education, personnel action or SF50, credentials, statement of service, certification, training and/or module completion at the time of resume submission.
- Military retirees, please submit your statement of service.
- Documentation submitted for other/previous vacancies is not considered as part of this submission.
- Some positions have special requirements. In these cases, selection is tentative pending satisfactory completion of these requirements.
APPLICANTS CLAIMING HIRING PREFERENCE: Please ensure you complete and submit ALL required documents to claim preference at the time of resume submission. All forms to claim preference can be downloaded via our website at http://www.militarymwrguam.com/jobs.
WHAT ARE PREFERENCES? Preferences are advantages in the candidate selection process. Individuals can claim the following preferences:
1. Reemployment Priority List (RPL): Qualifying separated employees shall have priority placement in the NAF activity from which they were separated as a result of a Business Based Action (BBA), when the position has substantially the same duties as the position from which they were separated and it is not a higher grade or employment category, provided the position is not being filled by an internal candidate. To claim this preference, you MUST:
- Submit a copy of your BBA Separation Notification indicating eligibility for RPL.
2. Military Spouse Preference (MSP): Qualifying spouses eligible for MSP are spouses of an active duty military member of the U.S. Armed Forces, including members of the National Guard or Reserves on active duty. The marriage must have occurred before the military member received official permanent change of station (PCS) orders to Guam. MSP is applicable only when applying for NAF positions at the NF-03 and below and equivalent craft and trade (CT) positions. To claim this preference, you MUST:
- Complete and Submit MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE (MSP) CLAIM FORM. Form may be downloaded from: https://www.militarymwrguam.com/modules/media/?do=download&id=91d40da0-9cdd-47d8-b35c-ec69bd4da0a0; AND
- Submit sponsor’s PCS orders to Guam. ***If you are not indicated as a spouse on the PCS orders, you MUST submit proof of marriage prior to PCS to Guam.
3. Veteran’s Preference/Gold Star Veteran's Preference: Qualifying military veterans, and spouses/parents of deceased veterans shall be given employment preference over non-preference applicants if they are equally qualified. Preference applicable for positions open to external candidates. To claim Veteran's preference, you MUST:
- Complete and Submit VETERAN'S PREFERENCE WORKSHEET. Form may be downloaded from: https://www.militarymwrguam.com/modules/media/?do=download&id=9e9f89f5-0b7a-49cb-a1d4-c00bf57db516; AND
- Submit a copy of your DD-214 (member 4 copy)
To claim Gold Star Veteran's preference, you MUST:
- Complete and submit completed SF-15, APPLICATION FOR 10-POINT VETERAN PREFERENCE. Form may be downloaded from: https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf; AND
- Submit a legible copy of DD-1300; AND
- Submit any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc).
***Qualifying applicants with preferences are considered in the order listed above. Then all other qualifying applicants are considered.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED: Any experience, education, or other qualification presented on your application and/or resume is subject to evaluation and verification. Submissions are reviewed to determine if applicants meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements and to determine the level of KSAs related to the job requirements. Best qualified applicants are referred to the hiring manager in accordance with Military Spouse and Veteran Preference policies where applicable. If your application and/or resume lacks sufficient information, you will be rated accordingly or may be considered ineligible. The hiring manager may choose to conduct interviews, which may also be subject to evaluation and verification.
BENEFITS: A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
- Benefits for federal employees
- Healthcare insurance
- Pay and leave
You can review our benefits at: http://www.navymwr.org/resources/hr/
Regular Full-Time (35 - 40 hours per week) All benefits offered including medical, dental, life insurance, spouse & child life insurance, long term disability, annual and sick leave, retirement, and 401(k) savings plan.
Regular Part-Time (20 - 34 hours per week) Medical, dental, life insurance, spouse & child life insurance, annual and sick leave, retirement, and 401(k) savings plan.
Flexible (0 - 40 hours per week) No benefits offered.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit resume and required documentation to the Regional NAF Human Resources Office, Bldg. 203 Halsey Drive, Nimitz Hill, Piti, Guam; OR drop at designated Regional NAF Human Resources Office Drop Boxes located at Naval Base Guam and Andersen Air Force Base Guam Libraries; OR via email to M-GU-JRM-NAFHRO-N9@fe.navy.mil. For additional information visit our website at http://www.militarymwrguam.com/jobs or contact our office at (671)349-1155. All applications MUST be submitted by the closing date on the announcement in order to be considered. Due to volume of applications received, applicants may not be notified of non-selection.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT: Applicants may be contacted for an interview or may be sent a notice of non-selection within 4-6 weeks of the announcement closing date.
If you are selected for a position, you will be contacted by the JRM Regional NAF Human Resources Office with a temporary job offer. Final job offer upon completion of all pre-employment requirements (typically 2-6 weeks).
We reserve the right to close this position without further announcement.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Some positions have special requirements. In these cases, selection is tentative pending satisfactory completion of these requirements.
All selections are contingent upon obtaining satisfactory background and employment reference checks. Males must be registered for or exempt from Selective Service (http://www.sss.gov/).
Selectees are required to participate in direct deposit.
We are an E-Verify participant.
The Department of Navy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
The Department of the Navy provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they require reasonable accommodation should email them to: M-GU-JRM-NAFHRO-N9@fe.navy.mil to ensure that the Department of the Navy can consider such requests. The decision to grant an accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
PRIVACY ACT STATEMENT FOR NAF APPLICANTS: Authority to request this information is derived from 5 U.S.C. 301, Departmental Regulations. The purpose of this information is to determine the qualifications, suitability, and availability of applicants for employment with a NAF activity, and of current employees for reassignment, reinstatement, transfer, or promotion. The information will be used to assess qualifications, entitlement, and overall employment suitability. Completion of information on this form is voluntary. Failure to provide this information may prevent you from receiving full consideration for the position you seek.