- Announcement Number:
- Position Status:
- Regular Part-Time
- $12.74 - $19.41 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- not authorized
- Application Email:
LOCATION: Library, Morale Welfare Recreation (MWR) Department, Naval Base Guam (NBG)
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: As required by Executive Order 14043, Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination or before appointment or onboarding with the agency. The agency will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request of the agency a legally required exception from this requirement.
SUMMARY: The mission of Joint Region Marianas (JRM) Warfighter & Family Readiness (WFR) is to provide the highest quality programs and services to the military community through self-sustainment across all quality of life programs. Through our work at both Morale Welfare and Recreation (MWR), Naval Base Guam (NBG), 36th Force Support Squadron (36FSS), Andersen Air Force Base (AAFB), Guam, and Marine Corps Base Camp Blaz (MCB CB) Guam, we strive to be the global model of professional support services for our customers while they are stationed here under one unified command. Please visit our website for further details: https://www.militarymwrguam.com/.
AMENDMENT: Vacancy announcement amended to change “Who May Apply” to “Open to all” and “Closing Date” to “26 January 2022”. Applicants who applied previously under the same Announcement No. need not re-apply unless submitting updated and/or missing information.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Major duties and responsibilities are summarized below. The purpose of this position is to provide technician support by performing a wide variety of direct services to the public and/or technical services support in a variety of functions for the library program. Provides customer service, information and technician support of library programs and activities. Provides technical services support in a variety of functions such as basic/copy cataloging, ordering/receiving/processing and de-acquisitioning of library materials. Performs a variety of administrative duties. Shelves library materials, prepares displays, programs activities, answers basic reference questions, and assists customers in locating materials. Accurately compiles, records, and submits daily/monthly statistics and reports. Assists in the training of new library aids and technicians. Assists in conducting tours and group orientations. Assists in the planning, coordinating, publicizing, marketing and execution of library programs and special events. A complete list of duties and responsibilities will be provided at the time of hire.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: No
SUPERVISORY STATUS: No
RELOCATION AUTHORIZED: No
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: *SEE QUALIFICATIONS
QUALIFICATIONS: In order to qualify for this position, resumes must include information which demonstrates experience and knowledge, skills, and ability (KSAs) as they relate to this position. Applicants are encouraged to be clear and specific when describing their experience level and KSAs. If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education ((https://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/). Applicants qualifying based on education, time in grade, credentials, certification, training and/or module completion MUST provide proof of education, personnel action or SF50, credentials, statement of service, certification, training and/or module completion at the time of resume submission. Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Combination of experience related customer service and/or library based functions. Knowledge of a body of standardized library rules, procedures, and operations related to one or more library functions such as those used to maintain the collection, locate information, process library materials, or assist clientele with routine inquiries. Must have strong customer service skills. Must be able to work independently, make sound decisions and have the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Must be skilled in the use of a personal computer and various software programs (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.). Ability to maintain records, compile and organize data for reports, and perform research. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Subject to satisfactory completion of national Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
This position is ad-hoc/situational telework eligible.
EDUCATION: *SEE QUALIFICATIONS
- A resume should be provided. It should include relevant work experience (start/end dates stated in month/year, # of hours worked per week, detailed description of duties, and salary), applicable education at a minimum, and your contact information. For current or previous Federal employees, it should also include the Pay Plan, Series and Grade for each work experience entry.
- For current or previous Federal employees, please attach a copy of your most recent SF-50 or agency notification of personnel action form that provides current position, grade level, and duty location.
- Please provide a copy of your College transcript(s) which support those qualifications for which you wish to have considered.
*****SEE HOW TO APPLY FOR ADDITIONAL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS*****
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED: Any experience, education, or other qualification presented on your application and/or resume is subject to evaluation and verification. Submissions are reviewed to determine if applicants meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements and to determine the level of KSAs related to the job requirements. Best qualified applicants are referred to the hiring manager in accordance with Military Spouse and Veteran Preference policies where applicable. If your application and/or resume lacks sufficient information, you will be rated accordingly or may be considered ineligible. The hiring manager may choose to conduct interviews, which may also be subject to evaluation and verification.
BENEFITS: A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
- Benefits for federal employees
- Healthcare insurance
- Pay and leave
You can review our benefits at: https://www.navymwr.org/resources/hr/
Regular Full-Time (35 - 40 hours per week) All benefits offered including medical, dental, life insurance, spouse & child life insurance, long term disability, annual and sick leave, retirement, and 401(k) savings plan.
Regular Part-Time (20 - 34 hours per week) Medical, dental, life insurance, spouse & child life insurance, annual and sick leave, retirement, and 401(k) savings plan.
Flexible (0 - 40 hours per week) No benefits offered.
All resumes and documents required to prove eligibility MUST be submitted by the closing date on the announcement in order to be considered. Failure to provide such documentation may prevent applicants from receiving full consideration for the position.
*****Due to the volume of resumes received, applicants will not be notified of any missing documentation, information, and/or notice of non-selection. Applicants may contact our office at (671) 349-1154 / 2154 / 3154 / 2210 / 5154 to inquire on application status.*****
ALL APPLICANTS: Applicants qualifying based on education, time in grade, credentials, certification, training and/or module completion MUST provide proof of education, personnel action or SF50, credentials, statement of service, certification, training and/or module completion at the time of resume submission.
- Current or prior federal employees, please submit your most recent personnel action or SF50.
- Military retirees, please submit your statement of service.
- Documentation submitted for other/previous vacancies is not considered as part of this submission.
Some positions have special requirements. In these cases, selection is tentative pending satisfactory completion of these requirements.
APPLICANTS CLAIMING HIRING PREFERENCE: Please ensure you complete and submit ALL required documents to claim preference at the time of resume submission. All forms to claim preference can be downloaded via our website at https://www.militarymwrguam.com/jobs.
WHAT ARE PREFERENCES? Preferences are advantages in the candidate selection process. Individuals can claim the following preferences:
1. Reemployment Priority List (RPL): Qualifying separated employees shall have priority placement in the NAF activity from which they were separated as a result of a Business Based Action (BBA), when the position has substantially the same duties as the position from which they were separated and it is not a higher grade or employment category, provided the position is not being filled by an internal candidate. To claim this preference, you MUST:
- Submit a copy of your BBA Separation Notification indicating eligibility for RPL.
2. Military Spouse Preference (MSP): Qualifying spouses eligible for MSP are spouses of an active duty military member of the U.S. Armed Forces, including members of the National Guard or Reserves on active duty. The marriage must have occurred before the military member received official permanent change of station (PCS) orders to Guam. MSP is applicable only when applying for NAF positions at the NF-03 and below and equivalent craft and trade (CT) positions. To claim this preference, you MUST:
- Complete and Submit MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE (MSP) CLAIM FORM. Form may be downloaded from: Download MSP Form; AND
- Submit sponsor’s PCS orders to Guam.
***If you are not indicated as a spouse on the PCS orders, you MUST submit proof of marriage prior to PCS to Guam.
3. Veteran’s Preference/Gold Star Veteran's Preference: Qualifying military veterans, and spouses/parents of deceased veterans shall be given employment preference over non-preference applicants if they are equally qualified. Preference applicable for positions open to external candidates.
To claim Veteran's preference, you MUST:
- Complete and Submit VETERAN'S PREFERENCE WORKSHEET. Form may be downloaded from: Download Vet Preference Form; AND
- Submit a copy of your DD-214 (member 4 copy)
To claim Gold Star Veteran's preference, you MUST:
- Complete and submit completed SF-15, APPLICATION FOR 10-POINT VETERAN PREFERENCE. Form may be downloaded from: Download SF-15 Form; AND
- Submit a legible copy of DD-1300; AND
- Submit any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc.).
***Qualifying applicants with preferences are considered in the order listed above. Then all other qualifying applicants are considered.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT: Applicants may be contacted for an interview or may be sent a notice of non-selection within 2-8 weeks of the announcement closing date.
If you are selected for a position, you will be contacted by the JRM Regional NAF Human Resources Office with a temporary job offer.
Final job offer upon completion of all pre-employment requirements (typically 2-8 weeks).
We reserve the right to close this position without further announcement.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Some positions have special requirements. In these cases, selection is tentative pending satisfactory completion of these requirements.
All selections are contingent upon obtaining satisfactory background and employment reference checks.
Males must be registered for or exempt from Selective Service (https://www.sss.gov/register/).
Selectees are required to participate in direct deposit.
We are an E-Verify participant.
The Department of Navy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
The Department of the Navy provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants with disabilities who believe they require reasonable accommodation should email them to: M-GU-JRM-NAFHRO-N9@fe.navy.mil to ensure that the Department of the Navy can consider such requests. The decision to grant an accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
PRIVACY ACT STATEMENT FOR NAF APPLICANTS: Authority to request this information is derived from 5 U.S.C. 301, Departmental Regulations. The purpose of this information is to determine the qualifications, suitability, and availability of applicants for employment with a NAF activity, and of current employees for reassignment, reinstatement, transfer, or promotion. The information will be used to assess qualifications, entitlement, and overall employment suitability. Completion of information on this form is voluntary. Failure to provide this information may prevent you from receiving full consideration for the position you seek.